Wednesdays, July 15–Sept. 30
11 am ET on Facebook Live
The Women in STEM Speaker Series will introduce you to 12 inspiring STEM role models who have established themselves as experts in a variety of fields.
Find out what it’s like to be a neuroscientist, public health official, chemist, engineer, data scientist, and more. What inspired them to pursue their career path? What does a typical day in their role look like? What advice do they have for someone interested in their field? Get answers to these questions and take the opportunity to ask your own.
Questions can be submitted during the event via Facebook or in advance by emailing [email protected]
Join us for conversations with:
- July 15: Dr. Wendy Bohon, Geologist & Science Communication Specialist at Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology
- July 22: Liz Engler-Chiurazzi, Research Assistant Professor at West Virginia University Department of Neuroscience
- July 29: Dr. Rachel Levine, Secretary of Health for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Aug. 5: Dr. Roselin Rosario-Melendez, Associate Principal Chemist and Project Leader at L’Oreal
- Aug. 12: Dr. Rika Wright Carlsen, Associate Professor of Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering at Robert Morris University
- Aug. 19: Ellen Bachman, Inside Sales Engineer at Eaton
- Aug. 26: Kay Savage, Senior Data Scientist at Spotify
- Sept. 2: Dr. Chavonda Jacobs-Young, Administrator of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Agricultural Research Service
- Sept. 9: Dr. Sandhya Rao, Professor of Astrophysics at the University of Pittsburgh
- Sept. 16: Angela Cupelli , Pediatric Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant Nurse
- Sept. 23: Mercy Shitemi, Senior Systems Analyst at Zimmer Biomet
- Sept. 30: Dr. Natasha Tilston-Lunel, Postdoctoral Associate at the University of Pittsburgh Center for Vaccine Research
A sign language interpreter will be present for each interview.
Participants: We want to hear from you! Let us know about your experience watching the Women in STEM Speaker Series by filling out a brief survey.
The Women in STEM Speaker Series is supported by an IF/THEN® Gender Equity Grant from the Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC) and IF/THEN®, an initiative of Lyda Hill Philanthropies. This newly launched grant program awarded funding to 26 science and technology centers to launch projects aimed at increasing the representation of women and gender minorities in STEM.