The judge described K as a ‘playful, cheeky and loving little girl with all her life to live’and said he hoped that the parents would learn from her death, The Sun reported.
A girl, three years old, died from a heart attack after ingestion of cocaine brought to her by her dad, a judge has ruled.
The child was only referred to as K in court and admitted to hospital with suspected sepsis or meningitis but collapsed and died on April 6 last year. Afterwards a postmortem revealed that she had cocaine in her blood.
Her parents blamed each other for bringing drugs into the property; the father claimed that her mother had left cocaine in a bedroom drawer. Then their other four children were removed from the family home.
Justice Williams ruled now that K’s dad brought the cocaine into the house ‘carelessly ‘, in connection with his drug-related activities.
He said it was probable that the drugdealer had ‘brought the cocaine into the premises’ and ‘processed it in some way in an area where children would have access’.
The judge explained exactly how K came to ingest cocaine. He also blamed the mother for being ‘well aware’ of the dad that brought drugs in the property as she also used them herself.
He went on saying: ‘It appears most likely that she turned a blind eye or persuaded herself that enough precautions were taken to protect the children. “This was to kid herself.
The judge described K as a ‘playful, cheeky and loving little girl with all her life to live’ and said he hoped that the parents would learn from her death, The Sun reported.
He added: If ever there was a lesson of the dangers of drug abuse, this taught it.
The girl was living in London at the time of her death and six arrests were made last year in relation to the case, a spokesperson for the Met Police said.
All were released under investigation but an investigation led by the Special Crime Command is still running.